Thursday, April 3, 2014

Inside Scoop with the Actors!

Tick, tock. Only three and a half weeks until the show opens! With opening night pushing closer each 
passing day, the actors are getting set into the character and acting their hearts out. Today at rehearsal, I had the wonderful privilege of interviewing three of the cast members about their role The Front Page.

First, I spoke with the lovely Alycia Adams.


"What character do you play in the show?"
"I'm Mrs. Rant. She is the mother of Peter and the mother-in-law of Hildy, who Is the lead."

"What's your favorite thing about your character?"
"She's a really feisty old lady. She's old but she comes in large and in charge."

"Where are you guys in terms of rehearsal right now?"
"We just got off book, and we've finally set the blocking. We're finally at the point where we can really start interacting and start developing our characters. It's really coming along at this point."


Next, I was able to talk with Asriel Walker, who plays Mrs. Schlosser.


"How would you describe your character?"
"She is a middle-aged woman and she is looking for her husband who is a reporter, but she can't find him anywhere. She goes to the other reporters in the press room to try and find him."

"What's one thing that makes your character fun to act?"
"I get to be really angry and mad. I think I actually scared Ava [who plays McCue] that last time we rehearsed because I looked her right in the eyes and yelled my line at her (laughs). It's great."

"What's your favorite things about the show?"
"My favorite thing I think is...the time period. I loved the way they dressed in the 1930's. I like the shoes I get to wear (laughs)."


Finally, I spoke with Eric Ransom, who plays one of the cops in the show.


"Which character are you?"
"Woodenshoes, he's a cop. He's very intelligent and quick. He's kind of a nice guy, but he's a pushover, which is fun to play."

"What is your favorite scene in the show?"
"The scene where everyone is trying to find Earl Williams. It's really intense and mesmerizing to watch to other actors perform the scene."

"Because the show is set in the 1930's, there are a lot of unique props that we get to use. Which one is your favorite?"
"I get to carry on a bag of cheeseburgers. That's definitely my favorite."


Several actors from the show, including Antonio Ribeiro (left), Ava Schwarz (middle), and Abby Gwin (right), practicing their scene before rehearsal begins.

All of the actors are excited to be able to utilize their skills and portray characters from generations past and perform with one another. As the show date draws near, every one's excitement continues to build both on the stage and behind the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment